Case Study: Garland Roofing Insurance Claim Denied, Then Approved
Case Study Introduction
A Garland Texas homeowner contacted CLC Roofing Inc. looking for a new estimate for a full roof replacement. His first roofing insurance claim was denied, using another roofing contractor. CLC Roofing Inc. arrived to complete a new and thorough roof inspection and assessment of the property. Subsequently, CLC discovered roof damage and other problems that had not been reported properly to the insurance carrier.
CLC delivered the homeowner with new evidence to present to the insurance carrier. Most importantly, the new information justified a re-inspection. A new roof inspection conducted by the insurance adjuster confirmed the new damage. Finally, the homeowner got a full roof replacement claim approved, as well as collateral damaged items.
Case Study Overview
- Project Description: Residential Roofing Insurance Claim for Roof Replacement and other damage due to hail storm
- Location: 2929 Brookcrest Drive Garland, TX 75040
- Project Type: Residential Home in Garland, Texas
- Time Frame for Completion: 1 Day
- Products Installed: Owens Corning Oakridge, Driftwood color, Metal Corrugated Steel Carport
Insurance Claim Denied – Then Approved
The Garland homeowner contacted CLC requesting an estimate for a full roof replacement. His previous insurance claim had been denied using the information provided by another roofing contractor in the area. The roof was leaking and there were many other problems that needed to be addressed. Leaks were found around the chimney and above his bathroom. Additionally, damage to fencing, carports and other items needed repair.
Jill Sweeny of CLC Roofing, inspected the property and took photos of all the damage. Next, the images were collected into a compelling package, and lastly, it was submitted to the insurance company for reconsideration. The new and complete presentation of storm damage presented to the insurance carrier awarded the homeowner approval of a re-inspection of the property.
New Roof Inspection With Better Results
The insurance adjuster arrived for a physical inspection of the new evidence of storm damage to the roof, with assistance by CLC Roofing experts. The adjuster agreed the damage was substantial, that the damage was caused by the storm, and finally, he approved a full roof replacement.
CLC then went into great detail to ensure that all line items on the insurance estimate were included and correct.
Result: Complete Insurance Coverage of All Damage
In addition to the full roof replacement, the final claim awarded the homeowner included:
- An additional $6,350 approved in supplement to the approved claim
- Replacement of the gutters
- New metal roof over the carport
- A chemical wash and stain of the hail-damaged wooden fence
- And replacement of the metal fabricated chimney flue cap.
The homeowner went from thinking he was going to pay out of pocket for a whole new roof to realizing complete insurance coverage, as allowed by his policy. In summary, thanks to CLC’s efforts, he was able to garner over $27,000 in funding to restore his entire property to it’s pre-storm condition.
Action Steps to Success
- Roof Inspection. Damage discovered to roof, carport, and other elements on the roof
- Hail and wind damage problems. New evidence provided to Insurance Claims department
- Adjuster met on-site to explain issues found
- Roof replacement funding fully approved. Supplemented the Claim and secured complete funding of the other related storm damaged areas
- New roof and carport installed to the delight of the homeowner
Case Study Summary
The homeowner went from thinking he was going to pay out of pocket for a whole new roof, and thanks to CLC’s efforts was able to get over $27,000 to restore his entire property to it’s pre-storm condition.
Case Study Take-aways:
- If you feel your home has been damaged by a storm, importantly, get proof of damage documented
- Next, get a second opinion if you need more evidence
- Finally, make sure your roofing contractor does a thorough job of documentation
“Jill was able to get our initial insurance denial overturned and a full roof replacement covered by our insurance company. She was incredibly responsive throughout the entire process and answered all of our questions. The crew that replaced the roof was very prompt and professional and an excellent job with the cleanup.”
Learn More Here
- Research CLC Roofing roofing services information here, serving the entire Dallas Metroplex
- Read Our Google Reviews about CLC Roofing Inc. in the Dallas Metroplex area here.
- Schedule a No Cost No Obligation Roof Inspection from CLC Roofing, Inc today!
- For more information, contact CLC Roofing Inc, call 972-304-4431