Choosing the right roofing material for your home can be a hassle if you don’t know what you’re doing. The following is a short introduction to some of the most well-known and widely used materials in the residential roofing industry:
- Asphalt shingle roofing is quite possibly the cheapest and most common type of roofing available. Even though it’s not as durable as other materials, asphalt can be eco-friendly and still quite resilient. It can still last for up to 20 years, if properly maintained.
- Wood shakes are quite common in some areas because of their aesthetic qualities. They are more durable than asphalt, but they also come with a lot more maintenance issues.
- If you want to avoid maintenance, concrete and terracotta roofing should be among your main choices. These beautiful roofing materials are used quite frequently in luxury homes, and even though they can be expensive, they’re also extremely durable and featuring a lot of beautiful styling options.
- Metal roofing is common and can range from very affordable (steel) to very expensive (copper roofing). The main qualities of metal are that it’s: low maintenance, essentially fireproof, energy efficient, recyclable and quite stylish.
- Finally, slate is the most expensive and most durable type of roofing material you can choose. Although not nearly as low maintenance as metal, natural slate can last for more than 150 years, if it’s maintained properly. Take a look at your roofing product options https://clcroofing.com/.