Here is the second part on our series of questions to ask a contractor before hiring them. CLC Roofing feels that an informed customer is a happy customer, and we strive to make your life easier when it comes to hiring any type of contractor.
6. Will you itemize the bid? An itemized bid helps you know exactly what you are paying for and allows you to make a more informed decision on the project at hand.
7. Who are your main suppliers? Like references, suppliers can be invaluable in telling you the type of person your contractor is. Does he pay invoices on time? Does the supplier know of any past issues with customers or delivery? Don’t be afraid to ask your contractor for supplier references.
8. Can I see a portfolio of your work? Most contractors will have a portfolio or blog on their website. Be sure you know how to access it or ask for pictures if necessary. A picture is worth a thousand words and when it comes to whether or not, the contractor did a quality job, a picture can give you some reliable feedback.
9. Who is the job supervisor? Find out who will be supervising your job. Will there be a foreman? Ask to meet the person ahead of time so that you can gauge your comfort level with them and ensure that everyone is on the same page with the project.
10. What is the timeframe for the project? Find out when they plan to start work or if getting supplies might delay anything Ask how long the project will last. Be sure to ask if weather will cause any delays. Nothing is more frustrating than a half completed project in your home because of delays that you didn’t anticipate.
CLC Roofing is committed to providing the best in customer service. If you or someone you know might be in the need of a new roof, please contact us for a free roof check today. CLC Roofing 1-800-810-2521